One of the most popular cosmetic surgeries being performed in North America is a blepharoplasty. This surgery is designed to enhance the eyes by removing excess skin, muscle, and fat from the top and bottom portions of the eyes. Blepharoplasty is commonly referred to as eyelid surgery and is a relatively simple procedure, needing only several weeks for bruising to no longer be apparent and for the wounds to be healed. Much like other common cosmetic procedures such as a brow lift, eyelid surgery is done to help dramatically improve the youthful appearance of eyes and significantly enhance one of the most important features of a person’s face.
Why choose a blepharoplasty
Deciding to have a cosmetic surgery performed is never a simple decision, and often requires a great deal of thought prior to even speaking with a consultant. For those who have opted for a blepharoplasty, it was mainly for cosmetic reasons; however blepharoplasty can also improve visual impairment as well.
The most common reason people opt for a blepharoplasty is for cosmetic reasons. Blepharoplasty not only gives people a very youthful appearance, but it also can assist Asians in getting a specific “look” they wish to achieve.
As we age, our skin naturally loses its elasticity which results in wrinkles and sagging skin. Additionally, over time the membrane under our skin that holds fat in place begins to weaken, allowing fat deposits to spill through and create unwanted disruptions in our skin like cellulite or fat hanging over our eyelids. This is a natural process, however it can be very disturbing for anyone to experience especially if they are seeing these aging effects very early on. Fortunately a blepharoplasty can give anyone that youthful open eyed appearance that dramatically improves their facial features all around.
As mentioned earlier, the blepharoplasty can help Asians achieve a certain desired look that is considered popular in their culture. In the United States, the blepharoplasty is a very common surgery that is highly requested by Asians who which to have more of a crease in their eyelid instead of having what is commonly referred to as a single eyelid – one without a crease.
Blepharoplasty for Visual Improvement
Sometimes a person’s excess skin and fat above the eye can significantly hinder them. With so much on top of the eyelid, the eyelid will droop noticeably narrowing their range of vision both peripherally and laterally. Should such excess skin cause visual impairments, a blepharoplasty can dramatically help by removing those skin folds, excess fat, and muscle.
Blepharoplasty vs eyebrow lift
To improve the look of the eyes and get that youthful appearance that is so desirable there are two main surgeries: a blepharoplasty and an eyebrow lift. These surgeries both affect the eyes, but the results are completely different. Oftentimes, a person after a consultation with the surgeon, will opt for both procedures, however it’s important for anyone wanting a blepharoplasty in Houston TX to know the differences between them and their results to make a fully informed decision.
A blepharoplasty involves simply removing the excess skin, fat, and muscle around the upper and lower part of the eyelids. This helps eliminated that saggy tired expression and make the eyes look wider, more youthful, and noticeably different.
An eyebrow lift, on the other hand, focuses on the actual brow itself. Lifting the brow helps enhance the look of the eyes and helps eliminate wrinkles around it completely as well as helps reduce wrinkles in the forehead. Unfortunately, no matter how high the brow lift is, it will not eliminate excess fat and skin on the upper portion of the eyelid, it would just achieve that undesirable “constantly surprised” look.
Overall aging individuals with problem areas around there eyes may opt for both procedures because both excess fat and skin on the upper eyes as well as wrinkles appear as the body ages. It’s important to really view before and after results from both surgeries to get a better understanding of the possible outcomes and how they will vary if you choose one particular surgery over the other.
Benefits and Risks
• Better Vision – reduced fat and skin also means there are no more issues with impaired peripheral vision making this a cosmetic surgery with a medical benefit.
• Youthful Look – obtaining that youthful look is something that many strive for. When it comes to the face, nothing undermines a youthful appearance like tired baggy eyes do. Lifting those eyes and eliminating the extra skin brightens up the entire face and shreds years off in no time!
• More confidence – looking at the natural and greatly improved eye visibility will dramatically improve anyone’s confidence especially when people begin commenting on how great they look, how young they look, and how well rested they appear!
• Immediately noticeable – the effects of the surgery are immediate. There’s no prolonged waiting period to see results!
• Short recovery time – if you are looking to get a blepharoplasty in Houston TX, you can expect short recovery times especially when compared with other cosmetic surgeries. The scars from stiches are very well hidden in natural eye creases, and after just a few weeks bruising and visible wounds will be nonexistent!
• Long lasting results – unlike dermal injections and Botox which wear off after several months, those looking for a blepharoplasty in Houston TX will enjoy permanent results, click here to see some of our clients. The skin is removed as well as the muscle so there will be years of beautiful youthful eyes before the natural aging of the skin begins to sink again.
Like most surgeries, especially ones around the eyes, there are a few risks. Immediately after the surgery you will experience welling and bruising around the eyes, however this will subside over time as the wounds heal. Additionally, there may be double or blurry vision for several days following the surgery, however this will also correct itself.
For those who are prone to intense scarring and healing difficulties, this type of cosmetic surgery also posts additional risks such as excessive scarring around the eyes and asymmetry. It’s important to fully discuss your medical history with your surgeon before the surgery so as to assess whether or not there are additional risks you may be exposing yourself to.
I trust you have found this article informative about blepharoplasty Houston. Go ahead and check out this page for more details http://houstonoculofacial.com/cosmetic-procedures/cosmetic-blepharoplasty/upper-eyelid-blepharoplasty/